If you’re planning a coastal getaway to the charming town of Nantucket, MA, you’ll need to take a ride on a Nantucket ferry. Keep reading to learn all about the ferries that transport to Nantucket and start getting excited about your vacation to this nautical paradise.
To learn more about the area and how to make the most out of your trip to Nantucket, take a look at our complimentary Vacation Guide. It contains local insight on the area’s best restaurants, attractions, events, and more!
Nantucket Ferry Frequently Asked Questions
The island that we call home, Nantucket, is only accessible via ferry. Please look below to get the answers to all your Nantucket ferry questions!
What Companies Offer Ferries To Nantucket?
When it comes to finding a ship to transport you to the island, there are multiple high-speed passenger ferry lines that you can choose from:
- The Steamship Authority High-Speed and Traditional Car Ferry
- Hy-Line Cruises High-Speed Ferry
- Freedom Cruise Line
- Seastreak High-Speed Ferry
What Cities Do Ferries Depart From?
One of the convenient aspects of Nantucket ferries is that various ships are offered by different companies that depart from an array of cities. It’s easy to find the departing city that’s best for you.
- Hyannis, MA
- Harwich Port, MA
- New Bedford, MA
- New York City, NY
How Much Does It Cost To Ride a Nantucket Ferry
When it comes to planning a vacation, we know that staying within your allotted budget is essential. Depending on which city you depart from and which ferry line you ride with, ticket prices can vary.
- Departing from Hyannis, MA, with Hy-Line (1 hour)
- Adult: $77 round-trip, $41 one-way
- Child (5-12 years): $51 round-trip, $29 one-way
- Child (under 5 years): free
- Departing from Hyannis, MA, with Steamship Authority (1 hour)
- Adult: $69 round-trip, $36.50 one-way
- Child (5-12 years): $35 round-trip, $18.75 one-way
- Child (under 5 years): free
- Departing from New Bedford, MA, with Seastreak (2 hours and 15 minutes)
- Adult: $90 round-trip, $50 one-way
- Child (12 years and under): $50 round-trip, $30 one-way
- Island Resident and Military: $80 round-trip, $40 one-way
- Departing from New York City, NY, with Seastreak (6 hours and 15 minutes)
- Adult: $260 round-trip, $175 one-way
- Child (3-12 years): $155 round-trip, $85 one-way
- From Harwich Port, MA, with Freedom (1 ½ hours)
- Adult: $79 round-trip, $43 one-way
- Child (2-12 years): $53 round-trip, $32 one-way
- Infant (Under 2 years): $10 round-trip, $6 one-way
To find a date and time that works best for you, be sure to check the ferry schedules.
When you treat yourself to a Nantucket getaway, this island has everything you need for the ultimate retreat. However, it’s a fun idea to switch things up and take a day trip to Martha’s Vineyard. Hop aboard an inter-island ferry and take a trip to this neighboring island. Hy-Line offers cruises to Martha’s Vineyard throughout the year. You’ll sail for one hour and arrive at Oaks Bluff.
Where To Stay in Nantucket
When you arrive on the “Gray Lady,” there’s no place better to stay than Greydon House. Our boutique hotel features 20 gorgeous guest rooms in downtown Nantucket on Broad Street. When you stay with us, you’ll find that we weave the warmth and comfort of a village inn with the many eclectic and worldly touches for today’s generation of sophisticated travelers looking for a luxury bed and breakfast in Nantucket.
There’s no time to waste! Book a stay at Greydon House and start getting excited about your Nantucket getaway.